Human Resources Manager
Our client, an entrepreneurial media company, is looking for their first dedicated HR hire. Ideal candidate will have 2 years of hands-on HR experience and exhibit curiosity, ambition, critical thinking and discretion.
What you’ll get out of this opportunity:
● Collaborative culture in a startup environment
● Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
● Exposure to unique and effective creative process for documentary storytelling
● Competitive base salary and benefits
● Fulfillment by helping to build a positive and productive company culture
What you’ll do:
● Policies & Benefits – Understand, manage, and administer company policies and benefits
(family leave / health insurance / 401k / disability insurance / etc.) and help employees to
navigate through them
● HR Onboarding & Offboarding – Help support managers to create a positive experience for incoming and outgoing employees
● Employee Relations – Serving as an additional trusted resource for employees who need HR support
● Manage Employee and Company Records – Overseeing administrative aspects of HR
What you’ll need:
● Positive, hard-working, can-do attitude
● Exceptional discretion and professionalism
● Outstanding attention to detail and follow through
● Strong critical thinking skills; ability to synthesize multiple inputs to create a clear result
● Preferably two years minimum in a similar role; startup experience is a plus
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
Angel Brunner’s Executive Assistant
Angel Brunner is a San Francisco native who bought into the D.C. story and has transformed underdeveloped areas like NoMa into job-creating communities. Since 2008, her company EB5 Capital, has raised over $800M from clients in 65 countries and has created over 35,000 jobs.
Angel spent several hours discussing this search with me. Her entire company is committed to finding the right Executive Assistant for Angel and I look forward to speaking with anyone who has a history of excellence in executive support. Read more about this job and meet Angel here.
Recruiting Coordinator (Contract to Hire), Northern Virginia $24/hour
Unique opportunity to learn recruiting from one of the area’s largest employers in the “apprenticeship” role. Candidates must have natural strengths in organization, communication, follow-through, and detail-orientation. Initial job centers around the candidate experience, scheduling interviews, initiating background checks and drug screens, generating offer letters, onboarding support and ad hoc projects as needed. Requirements include MS Office proficiency (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), solid professional references, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Successful Recruiting Coordinators will be trained/mentored in best practices for sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates with the goal of moving into a full lifecycle recruiting role within 6-12 months.